Blue Ridge Hospice is a Virginia-licensed, Medicare and Medicaid-certified not- for -profit healthcare organization serving the City of Winchester and counties of Frederick, Clarke, Warren, Shenandoah, Page, Loudoun, Fauquier, Rappahannock, and beyond. High quality healthcare is important at every stage of life and we consider it a privilege to walk with those facing a terminal illness, coping with grief, or seeking to learn more about these experiences.
Blue Ridge Hospice physicians and interdisciplinary teams- nurses, certified nursing assistants, chaplains, social workers, music therapists and bereavement counselors- help patients and families prepare for, understand, and make informed decisions at the end of life and throughout the grieving process.
We urge you to contact us whenever you have questions about end of life matters. Our wide range of informative materials, educational presentations, and support services are available to individuals and organizations at any time.
Blue Ridge Hospice is a community, not-for-profit healthcare organization that has been providing hospice care to patients in the Northern Shenandoah Valley since 1979 and is accredited by The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission inspects Blue Ridge Hospice for compliance with Medicare regulations, as well as other rigorous standards, at least every three years.
In a recent survey, 98% of caregivers who responded said they would recommend hospice care to others…this is why:
• Blue Ridge Hospice offers individualized, patient and family-centered care based on the principles of comfort, dignity, and choice
• Board-certified hospice physicians and credentialed teams of nurses, nursing assistants, chaplains, social workers, music therapists, and bereavement counselors make house calls and are accessible by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so patients can receive support in the comfort of their homes
• Intensive round-the-clock care is available at the Blue Ridge Hospice Inpatient Care Center to manage pain and symptoms in crisis situations
• Experienced bereavement counselors’ guide and support patient’s family and friends as they prepare for and cope with the death of someone they love
• Blue Ridge Hospice services and programs are open to anyone in the community qualifying for hospice care, even if financially limited.