INPATIENT CARE CENTER:
• The Blue Ridge Hospice’s Inpatient Care Center (ICC), located at 333 W. Cork Street in downtown Winchester, is an environment where patients can receive 24 hr nursing care as well as continuation of the complementary services such as music therapy and spiritual care that are often provided in the home setting.
• The ICC is meant to be a refuge for patients experiencing acute or complex symptoms that cannot be managed at home. The overall goal is always for the patient to return home with family, if an option, once symptoms are controlled.
• The Inpatient Care Center includes private rooms, each uniquely designed, as well as a family library room.
THE HOSPICE CARE TEAM
Once admitted, patients remain in the care of their primary physician and also receive assistance from the Blue Ridge Hospice interdisciplinary team
• Board-certified Hospice Physicians
• Nurses, Nurse Practitioners and Certified Nursing Assistants
• Medical Social Workers
• Music Therapists
• Spiritual Supporters and Chaplains
• Ethics Counselors
• Grief and Bereavement Counselors