Blue Ridge Hospice is funded through various sources including Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance and private pay but there is a very significant gap between what is paid by these agencies and the services provided to patients and families.
We rely on contributions from individuals, businesses an d foundations to cover expenses for those with no insurance or means to pay for our services, and to close the gap between insurance reimbursement and the actual cost of our care.
All gifts, no matter the size, benefit those in our community—friends, family, and neighbors—when they need it most. By making a gift today, you can help us provide:
• The highest quality end-of-life care and support for everyone in our community, regardless of ability to pay.
• Up to 13-months of individual or family grief counseling for Blue Ridge Hospice families after the death of a loved one.
• A variety of grief support groups to help children, teens, and adults throughout the community regain balance and resume healthy living.
• Spiritual support for patients and families desiring prayer, meditation, or spiritual advisement.
• Helpful resources and education related to dying, death and grief to schools, medical and care facilities, faith communities, businesses, and other organizations who request them.
In appreciation of your generosity, we celebrate by acknowledging your name on the Blue Ridge Hospice Wall of Honor. This recognition wall is located in the lobby of our offices at 333 West Cork Street, 4th floor in Winchester. This wall recognizes supporters that are honoring others, giving in memory of, or merely care about those in our community that are facing serious illness and need hospice care. Without your generous contribution, Blue Ridge Hospice could not continue to ‘Brighten Life’s Journey” for so many.